Sunday, April 15, 2012

Introducing Freckles the Frog


Hey everyone! I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend! We got to enjoy some beautiful weather around these parts so I'm a happy girl :) Speaking of happy, I think that today's post will make some one's day for sure! Remember on Saturday when I introduced some new stamps by Purple Onion Designs? Well, with all of you leaving me such lovely comments, I got to draw a winner for the Tucker and Toadstool stamps that Michele from Purple Onion Designs is giving away :D



Before I announce the winner, let me tell you a little bit about my card. This is Freckles the frog and he is another new stamp from "The Sweetest Day" collection. Isn't he sweet? I also added the party hat and sentiment from the collection to complete the card :)

I water coloured Freckles with my tombows and water brush and paper pieced the party hat. As a finishing touch I added some small details like glitter to the hat and some glossy accents for the eyes. I quite like how this card turned out especially with the slightly unusual colour combo :D

Okay, enough about the card and more about the stamp winner :) Drum roll please....

AND THE WINNER IS...




Congratulations Denise! Michele will contact you with regards to your winning the stamps and I hope that you enjoy playing with them just as much as I do :D Thanks so much for coming by today and we will see you all tomorrow for another POD release sneak peek. Don't forget that these stamps are available for purchase on Tuesday! :)

Card Recipe:

Stamps: Purple Onion Designs - Freckles, Hat and Sentiment
Paper: Gina K, Water Colour, Black, My Mind's Eye and Assortment of Designer Paper Scraps
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Antique Linen, Vintage Photo
Accessories: Sewing Machine, Cuttlebug and Embossing Folders, Clear Embossing Powder, Quickie Glue Pen, Glitter, Brads, Corner Chomper, Chalk Pencil, Glossy Accents, Tombow Dual Brush Pens, Water Brush, Xyron

3 comments:

paula tracy williamson said...

YIKES!!! I knew, I knew I would fall in love with anything you did. You could make a blade of grass look like a masterpiece. hehe! Your freckles is ah-MAZING! same with that toadstool. ~sigh~ I just love looking at your stuff Kim....
Speaking of that, I stopped getting the email updates every friday/saturday, for your blog. If you get/got any email saying I am unsubscribed...it was not by my own doing. I just realized I wasn't getting them a few weeks ago and now I am really behind. omg, like I need that! haha Your biggest fan in Michigan! love ya, p

Toni K said...

Gorgeous card! Love everything you do!

Anonymous said...

I just had to say how much I love your designs they are so different and unique...is there any chance they are available in the UK ?