Friday, April 13, 2012

Meet Tucker and Toadstool!


Hi everyone! I get to post today on behalf of Purple Onion Designs! Michele asked me to help introduce a new collection of stamps called The Sweetest Day that she will be debuting in the next couple of days from one of her new illustrators - Stacey Yacula.


For my card today I used the Toadstool stamp and the Tucker stamp (he's the sweet little snail). First of all, all of the stamps in this collection are on the larger side so they are awesome to colour! I water coloured Tucker and the Toadstool with my tombow dual brush pens and blended them with a water brush and then I took some re-inkers and attacked the background to create this vintage/grungy scene. For me these illustrations look like they should be straight our of a modern day fairy tale :D I adore them and I'm thrilled that Michele asked me to help her introduce them to the public!

Because Purple Onion Designs is having a new release, we are celebrating by having a little giveaway! If you would like to be entered to win both the Toadstool and Tucker stamps then please leave me a comment and I will draw the winner on Sunday night and then post the winners name here on my blog along with another POD sneak peek card :D A little birdie told me that Michele will be having a giveaway for the ENTIRE collection over on the POD blog too so don't forget to pop in there! Sound good? Who's excited? I know that I am :D

If you would like to see more of this collection then please visit some of the very talented ladies that are showcasing them :) The sneak peeks for this series started yesterday and will be going on through until Monday. Please pop by the Purple Onion Designs blog for the links for the next couple of days and these stamps will be available for purchase this Tuesday!


Card Recipe:

Stamps: Purple Onion Designs - Toadstool & Tucker
Paper: Gina K, Black, Basic Grey DP, K&Co DP, Water Colour
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Baja, Sage, Vintage Photo, Antique Linen
Accessories: Sewing Machine, Cuttlebug and Embossing Folders, Clear Embossing Powder, Pop Dots, SU Scallop Punch, MFT Jumbo Scallop Die, Spellbinders Dies, Glitter, Quickie Glue Pen, Button, Twine, Ribbon, Sponges

34 comments:

LauraJane:) said...

TUCKER and TOADSTOOL are my FAVORITE out of this NEw stamp set!
LOVE the RICH jewel tone colors you use in your cards!

Ree said...

Your card is beautiful. Love every element: scallop, bow, button, paper....etc. The way you colored....amazing!

Debra James said...

wow... this looks amazing, I love the layout and your colour combo is to die for, x

Patty said...

Wow Kim - your card is amazing! Especially the depth of coloring in your images!!! I love Tucker - he is my favorite. Can't resist that wee little smiley face!

Unknown said...

This is so neat! I love the intense colors on the mushroom. Aren't mushrooms wonderful? And the snail is to die for! How cute! Nice job!!

Tracy said...

I am so glad I found you through the POD blog. I LOVE coloring with Distress inks and the richness and vibrancy of your coloring is just beautiful. Great inspiration for me. :-) This card is a perfect example and these new images are fantastic. Hugs from your newest follower! :-)

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous! So loooove your coloring!

Vannessa said...

LOve this card!!
The stammps are great! Love little snails:)

Brenda B said...

I really love your style. Bright colors and very rich looking. Thanks for the great give away!

Brenda
bsburn@brbfamily.com

Cyndi said...

Wonderful coloring! Everything pops out! Love this card!

conil said...

Both the mushroom and the snail will be added to my collection. Your card is just gorgeous and sweet at the same time. Love your color sense.

Miriam Prantner said...

This card is stunning! The colors are so deep and vivid and the coloring is amazing, the dots on the toadstool really look three dimensional. Fabulous work!

jkreucher said...

Oh! what a darling image! Your coloring always blows me away! Awesome!
thanks for the inspiration to get out the markers and do some watercoloring!
hugs
Judy

judkajudi said...

Awsome and amazing! Such rich coloring; and I love those images!!

Mary-Anne V said...

Love how you made your card with all the coloured layers... this stamp set is SO cute!

Darcy said...

I LOVE TUCKER! He's adorable! You've done an incredible job coloring him. The whole card is amazing. I would love to get some 'snail mail' with Tucker inside, lol!

Joy H said...

What a beautifully put-together card! You are so talented! The new stamps are just gorgeous - found you through SCS....

donna mikasa said...

your card is a work of art!

Ellen, said...

Beautifull stamp!!
Your coloring makes them really come alive.
Gorgeous!

Sue D said...

Fabulous card--I really like your coloring.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

stacey yacula studio said...

Kim, just popping by to thank you personally. You and the design team at Purple Onion have out done yourselves. It is such a pleasure to see what you have created using my stamps. Many thanks!

cropmom66 said...

Tucker is so cute!! Can't wait for this collection!

Edna Siu said...

I happened to pop over to your blog by Purple Onion Designs, I just love your coloring, it is very deep and very sharp and very elegant, and it is rich in color, I have been seeing so many different card on the web-blog-world, but I do like your cards. Would you be able to describe what colors you are using with Tom's water color?

jengd said...

Such cute images and GORGEOUS coloring!!

Toni K said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! And such cute images!

Sally said...

Beautiful coloring on these delightful new images. Love the deep colors and the aged effect created along with the layout design. Looking forward to seeing more designs w/ this new collection!

Denise Bryant said...

Fabulous card! Your coloring is a knock-out and the paper choices are wonderful! Love the new designs, and can't wait til the release day at POD! Stacey has amazing designs!
DeniseB

McStamper said...

Such a cute card. Love the toadstool.

Emily H said...

I love the colors you used!

Judy1223 said...

Kim, I have to say that your coloring is absolutely jaw-droppingly AWESOME!!!! WOW! You have made the colors so rich and deep...yummm! I agree, these images seem straight out of a modern fairy tale...isn't Stacey gifted? (So are YOU...you've done an amazing job with her images!)

The Spotted Chick said...

Absolutely gorgeous Kim!

Stacey said...

This card is crazy beautiful!! I love the rich dark colors and that toadstool is so stinkin cute!!!

Vickie Z said...

Fabulous!!!

Kim Teasdale said...

Thank you all for your wonderful comments and the entries to win the Toadstool and Tucker stamps are now closed so that I may draw the winner. Good luck everyone! :D